Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Conscious Decision to Deprive Myself of Sleep!

That's it!  I've made a decision, a well thought out decision, to deprive myself of sleep.  After the last kid goes to bed at 9pm and after a good hour of quality time with the husband I will not go to bed as I usually do, I will stay up.  I will stay up, I will play some inspirational music (not religious silly - artistically moving), I might even open a bottle of wine, but most importantly I will be locking myself away in the basement EVERY.  SINGLE. NIGHT. to PAINT PAINT PAINT !!

My creative needs have gotten to the point that the images in my head are keeping me up anyway - I might as well get them out on canvas before I go truly bizerk!  The dreams I'm having as a result of a lack of creativity are nothing less than frightening.  I won't get into that now, but I have a plan:

I will clear out our office area that's just off the kids' play area in the basement - who needs an office at home anyway?!  - Mark can work in the dining room   **GRIN**  I will just splatter paint everywhere have a ball and be (tired) happy, happy happy!

Done.

Finished.

The debate is over.

Look for a post in about six months about my next showing - hopefully the owner at MOCA-DC still remembers me and I can get back to a showing...like this one years and years ago:

2 comments:

Brett W. McCoy said...

Do it! Do it! You must obey the exhortations of your soul!

Christy said...

Good for you Jenn! I can't wait to see what you paint this go round!