Wednesday, September 1, 2010

End of Summer

The end of Summer is here and I see many sad Facebook and Twitter statuses mourning the end.  I am rejoicing!  I'm not a fan of Summer, I walk everywhere with the kids (I'm without a car during the day); in the summer those walks become horrible sweat-fests.  I also happen to hate sweating.

My favorite seasons are the in between seasons: Spring and Fall. If I had to choose one over the other it would have to be Fall.  Mostly because it starts the beginning the holiday season.  It starts with September 21st (my birthday - hint hint) and yes...that IS a holiday!  Then  it just rolls into Halloween, one of my favorite holidays and  from there we have T-giving and Christmas and New Years and then we are in the oh so  wonderful Winter months!  Happy times!

So, this weekend I'll be saying farewell Summer, don't let the door hit you on your way out!  Which, is not to say  we didn't have fun...Some photos from this past Summer:
*some of  these  are actually videos...you'll have  to click out  to Picasa to see the videos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you get that from your mom. I miss you guys, especially my boys. Mom

Brett W. McCoy said...

Autumn is the best time of year, no question about that

Scottish lass said...

Thanks for entering the Giveaway - I'll be announcing winners next week.
Love the White House pic - JFK security took a Playdoh gift pack from me - so silly!

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

@Scottish Lass: Thanks for dropping by...JFK?! You were at the white house during JFKs administration...very cool! what was the occasion?