|Peter at 18 months, Excited at 4am!|
But back to getting out....I don't do it much. The recent outtings I have had were to the gym and I got to go the grocery store by myself (such a treat to not have kids screaming at the top of their lungs that they want whatever Sponge-Bob Square Pants crackers or cookies they just saw on the shelf). So when I get invited to an actual party that I have managed to convince the husband I need to go to, several things happen:
- I get school-girl silly excited.
- I get school-girl silly nervous.
- I start obsessing on what I should wear.
- I start imagining who else will be there, how much swankier than me they are.
- I decide I need a whole new outfit so I too can be swanky (do people say swanky?)
- I run out of time to go shopping and go back to obsessing with the now deemed "crappy" clothes I have in my closet.
- My bedroom floor is covered in clothes, shoes, scarves, hats (I keep buying them but never wear them), tights, earrings, etc...that I've dug out of the closet to try and piece together some ensemble that resembles some kind of fashion-forward look.
- Decide I have nothing to wear and consider cancelling.
- Eat some chocolate cake and go back upstairs with a glass of wine to stare into my closet for something new (the way one stares into the open fridge thinking something will miraculously appear since the last time you looked).
- Decide on some outfit that looks OK however certainly not fashion forward, but at least not too I-just-got-off-from-work-and-came-straight-here. Because all I have in my closet is business attire, jogging pants and shorts.
There's more but the list is already long and embarrassing enough and I think gives an accurate picture of what's going on in my house today (yes, I'm drinking wine at 1:00 in the afternoon by myself - don't judge me).
Where am I going? My friend Christy and I are headed out for the first time since this trip. We're meeting up in Baltimore, sharing a hotel room (which will be super fun - Christy makes everything fun) and then we're off to Momz Share - some brave woman is opening up her home to a bunch of people she's only met through the blog world.
There will be photos and apparently the event will be streaming live starting 7:00pm tomorrow night; read about it here. I'll have to be sure not to consume too many alcoholic beverages so as not to make too much a fool of myself!