Monday, January 12, 2009

The cat knows everything!!!


Roll your eyes if you will… but it is 100% true. My cat is psychic. Ok, maybe it’s not so much psychic as it is very heightened senses. When I was pregnant with my first baby, my cat was all over me! Crawling into my lap, laying on my belly and constantly by my side. This was very much out of the norm for her. Two months after noticing her changed behavior I started noticing changes in me! I was pregnant.

Now that I’m pregnant with number two and just days after the blessed occasion that knocked me up again…my cat was all over me again. Just three days after and she already knew? Was I? Could I be? I was. Just like last time, her affections kept up for roughly the first 3 months and subsided. Now that I am just starting my 8th month of pregnancy she’s all over me again…she did not do this last time. So now, being the hormonal, what-if, woman that I am right now…I’m jumping to all kinds of conclusions… Does my cat know I’m going to go into labor soon? Does she know somehow that the baby is in some kind of distress? Am I going to lose the baby?

All very alarmist except when you see to the level she’s on me! She attempts to crawl up on the very top of my now very large belly. She whines at the foot of the stairs at night when we go to bed…even now she's curled up next to me with one paw on my leg. worry….worry…worry…

So tomorrow I have my check up with the OB/GYN…hmmm…how to delicately bring this up without looking or sounding like some kind of lunatic! I think I’ll skip saying anything like: “My cat indicates I might be having issues with the pregnancy …can we do a full check…maybe get an ultrasound and blood test?” I could lie and just say I’ve felt pains…I’m a terrible liar… as soon as he asks questions like where were the pains, how often, do you still have them… I’ll freak out that I’m leading my doc, me and the baby down a very bad path.

I guess I’ll just leave this one alone and wait and see. But you will all know, that if I go into labor within the next week…MRS. TIGGS TRIED TO TELL ME!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok ... this is insane... My cat is currently sitting next to me and just staring at me and purring. she leans in every now and then and gives me one of those affectionate nibbles on the hande...oh and I as I type this she's decided staring, purring and nibbling are not enough she crawled up on the top most part of my belly and it pawing it to make it comfy and stopping to rub her head against my chin. Luckily I think the baby has turned upside down already so the cat must be sitting on his butt! :D This is very cute and and all but this is NOT my cat!

No comments: