Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


I love Valentines Day! or...Valentime's Day as my husband says (I never correct him, I think the mispronunciation is cute). I just love this time of year. The Holidays are over, everyone is reluctantly settling back into the ho-hum routine of work and life. Which makes sending out unexpected gifts all that much more fun!


I love sending cards and gifts out to people who otherwise weren't expecting something. It's not your average send-a-card-to-everyone type holiday like Christmas. Usually it's a holiday reserved for loved ones. Believe me, the loved ones get extra attention.


I have extra fun now that I have a child. Last year, even though my son was barely a year old, I had fun sending out valentine cards and candy to all the babies of my friends and relatives who had been born close to the same time frame as him. I still haven't decided if that's something I'm going to do this year or not. I've kicked around the idea of having Peter paint or color a huge sheet of paper in pinks, reds and black and then cutting out hearts to make our greeting card. In fact it sounds like such a fun indoor activity for him during this cold season that I think I will do it...we'll start next week!


*The picture above is Peter last year during the Valentine's season. It was a pantless phase...we just couldn't get or keep pants on him! :)


No comments: