I posted this on Facebook about my day today and thought it was a good post here too:
- Get up to screaming baby, nurse him.
- Go downstairs to find hubby working and 2 year old tearing up living room.
- Ignore mess in living room and start making coffee.
- Ignore 2 year old sitting on foot and gripping leg while I walk around kitchen.
- Make waffles with two your old sitting on foot and holding leg while walk around kitchen.
~~~~drink some coffee!~~~~~~~
- Two year old tugging on shirt and constantly repeating "Go bye-bye to Zoom!""Go bye-bye to Zoom!""Go bye-bye to Zoom!""Go bye-bye to Zoom!""Go bye-bye to Zoom!""Go bye-bye to Zoom!""Go bye-bye to Zoom!""Go bye-bye to Zoom!" (zoom is his word for Zoo)
- Announce to family waffles are ready
- Two year old screams in joy over syrup and wakes up 2 month old
- Eat half my waffles because two year old has eaten other half
~~~~drink some MORE coffee!~~~~~~~
- Nurse baby again
- pack up kids and head to bookstore because it's raining and hubby needs quiet time to work on slides for office
- realize I'm hungry and head to Maggiano's for lunch where idiot teenager or college student tells me they don't allow strollers in the restaurant and offers to put my baby in a high chair.
- explain to idiot teenager/college student that my baby is only two months old and can not sit in a high chair yet.
- finally realize that idiot teenager/college student is not going to let me eat in the restaurant despite it being 2pm and totally empty.
- walk down to Clydes
- get crayons and books out for 2 year old to play with while I nurse the baby and eat a hamburger at the same time
- walk back to car to drive to grocery store
- arrive at store and have to use bathroom, unload both kids from shopping cart to use bathroom
- come out of bathroom to find shopping cart gone
- go back to front of store and get another cart
- get shopping done and come back to car to find some asshole has parked their minivan so close to the car that I can't get in, let alone wedge the baby & carseat in.
- security guard offers to watch the baby while I back the car out.
- get in car from passenger side and back out.
- put baby in back seat of car while asshole in SUV honks and security guard goes back to tell him to chill
- drive home
- in 10 mins it took to drive home 2 year old has fallen asleep because we missed his nap with this little outting
- sit in car and wait to let 2 year old sleep
- baby gets hungry and cries and wakes up 2 year old.
- get out of car and wait for traffic to die down enough to open car door and get screaming baby out.
- walk around to other side to get toddler, groceries and my bag out of the car
- waddle across the street holding hand of toddler and his balloon (procured at grocery store) in one hand, the car seat with screaming baby and 4 bags of groceries in the other
- get in house put away groceries (baby still screaming and hungry)
- sit on couch and nurse baby
- log on to facebook.