Saturday, September 26, 2009

I've Been Shopping!

I've been shopping. I've been shopping a lot! But I haven't bought anything yet. I've been getting my "fix" by clicking "Add to Kaboodle". Kaboodle is an on-line wish list that gathers things you like, want and or intend to buy from any website. So you have a handy list of items from all types of shops. My family and I have been using it for several years now for our Christmas gift wish lists; my list last year included a tricked-out Mini Cooper - nobody got it for me. But they did get me the food processor I wanted and the electric tea kettle!
So, the latest list I've been compiling is for my return to work. I have no work clothes. None. I'm not exaggerating. I've spent three years as a stay at home mom and I wore jogging pants and shorts every day of it! LOVED IT! Just last month I bought a pair of khaki pants (hadn't owned a pair in three years). So...going back to work in the government I'm assuming I need some suits. Something I haven't had to wear in previous jobs for over 10 years. I've been working in start up companies or in companies with a laid back atmosphere.

I'm using Kaboodle to compile things I like, to gauge my own tastes. From there I'll weed it down to things I think would be appropriate in the work place. Boy am I having fun! Check out some of my selections:






Want to see more of what I'm "shopping" for? Look here. Please, feel free to get me anything on my list! ;)

4 comments:

DesignTies said...

Ooooh, I have to check out Kaboodle!! What a great idea!! Thanks for the heads-up :-)

Also thanks for checking out my guest post at A Lil' Welsh Rarebit -- glad you enjoyed it :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Brittany said...

Thanks for commenting my post over at a Lil Welsh Rarebit!

This Kaboodle thing is SO COOL! Thank you for sharing, I'm having so much fun already, lol.

Christy said...

Ooh I love your choices Jenn! So looking forward to our shopping trip next weekend!

Charlie said...

Great selection, you've picked some wonderful pieces. I've never tried Kaboodle but it sounds like great fun.