Monday, July 6, 2009

My son's duck bathtub



I had forgotten all about this inflatable duck bath tub we had purchased for my first born. I was never a fan of the plastic baby bathtubs intended to be used on your counter top. They were cumbersome and my baby always looked uncomfortable in it. The instant I felt comfortable propping my son up in an upright position without him flopping over (with both boys that age was 3 months old) I bought this inflatable duck bath tub and ditched the counter top bath.

I've resurrected our duck tub from the depths of basement with great joy for our second born son. He clearly enjoyed his bath much more with kicking feet and splashing hands...so fun! The tub is just wonderful. Since it's inflated it's soft on all sides (no hard plastic, no rigid supports ... just soft inflated plastic), also on the bottom inside of the tub is a small circle that turns colors and lets you know if you have the water too hot for the baby. It's small enough that it fits inside our traditional bathtub. Finally, it has a suction cup on the end so you can hang the duck up on the bath wall to drain.

I didn't take pictures of Paul in the tub tonight (we were having way too much fun to think of photos), but I promise to get one up soon...here's a few of Peter in the tub from when he was a wee baby boy. These are shots of us using it as a pool outside.



This one will give you a perspective on the tub's size:



4 comments:

mel said...

Oh my goodness! This is so awesome! What a cutie...

Christy said...

So cute - we have one that's a similar size - I think I'll pack it for the beach tonight! Love the photos Jenn!

Rachel said...

OMg-what a great tub. My daughter would love that too. Great pics.

Laura said...

We have that same tub. Mr Duck rocks!