Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another First!

I'm so proud of my youngest son! He is far and away a better sleeper as a baby than my first son was! My oldest woke up every two hours on the nose for the first 14 months of his life! I was convinced it had to do with breastfeeding him because the instant I weened him he started sleeping through the night. However, it was most likely just his personality. Because Paul, my youngest, seems to sleep quite well. By two months old he was already sleeping anywhere from 4 to 6 hours at a time.

Last week my youngest put himself to sleep when I was unable to get to him quickly while he was crying. Now, today, another first. I had him on the floor under his jungle gym-thingy in the living room and he fell asleep while playing! This is after a full night of sleep where he only woke up twice to be fed! He's in the living room with the TV and my two year old playing and shouting...amazing!!! He does NOT get this ability from me!! I have to have quiet and darkness! He must have inherited this incredible ability from his father who can go to sleep anywhere and anytime!

Hooray for sleep!!

2 comments:

mel said...

OH, so jealous!! Our daughter hasn't quite started putting herself to sleep yet. And she still gets up a lot to eat and every now and again I almost convince myself it's because I nurse her. But I just can't stop...feeling her cuddled up to me in the middle of the night is just way too awesome!

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

@Mel: My first born nursed every two hours until his was 14 months old (nights included)! My husband would always joke that our son didn't have a "lovey" because mommy was his lovey. :) That made me feel good... I was a bit sad when my second boy started weening himself so young! Last night he only nursed twice! You may be super tired, but enjoy the time you have with her night, it really is special.