Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What a great day we had!

Yesterday Peter, Paul and I had a big day!  We left the house around 9:30 a.m. and didn't get home until around 3:30 p.m..  I'll remind you that during the day I am carless so anything we do is on foot!  After lugging the 25 pound two-seater stroller down our front steps I loaded the backpack and both boys in and off we went.  

My oldest son had spent all of breakfast chanting "Go bye-bye, Zoom!" over and over (zoom, I'll remind you is his word for zoo) - so I was surprised when we got outside and in the stroller that he started asking for the playground ("play-play" in Peter-speak).  So off we went to the playground.  Around lunch -time we headed to Starbuck's around the corner and had lunch.  Then, Peter asked for the playground with the sandbox ("play-play sand!" in Peter-speak); so off we went to the next playground.

A couple of hours later when my son was so tired that he was laughing uncontrollably at the seeds falling off the tree I knew we'd gone too long.  He was well past nap time and completely loopy!  My 3 month old, however, never woke up all day!!!  He went from 9:30 a.m. until I woke him up to bring him inside at 3:30 p.m.!!  I couldn't believe it...and he STILL slept two 4 hour stints last night too!  I think I've lucked out and gotten a real good sleeper this go 'round!

Here are some photos of our day yesterday:



That's a giant bag of raisins Peter is carrying around with him at the playground.  So much for making sure he has clean hands while he eats.  It was slide down the slide, grab a handful of raisins, eat, repeat.  :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Awww so cute. And I am so happy for you that Paul is sleeping so soundly - day and night. Fabulous!

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

Thanks Christy, I sure hope Paul's sleep-o-rama continues! :)